World Gold
Good morning and Good evening and happy day, we invite you to participate
Life in the Golden Menenda and participated Bmoadiek Distinctive
World Gold
Good morning and Good evening and happy day, we invite you to participate
Life in the Golden Menenda and participated Bmoadiek Distinctive
World Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Gold

Gold, internet, fashion, health, beauty, electronics, pictures, tourism, landmarks States, automotive, education, treatment, mobile, software, women, men

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
No user
Keywords
Latest topics
» وظائف بالكويت مسابقة 2011 2012 للعمل بوزارة التربيه فى جميع التخصصات
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 pm by محمد السعيد الجيوشي

» مسابقة وزارة الاوقاف لسنة 2011 للعمل بوزارة الاوقاف والعمل بالمساجد عدد ( 3592 ) وظيفة عامل مسجد عدد ( 1993 ) وظيفة مؤذن مسجد من الدرجة السادسة والخامسة حرفية خدمات معاونة
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 pm by admin

» العاب موبايل لعبة موبايل العاب للموبايل
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 pm by admin

» العاب السباق للجيل الخامس العاب موبايل mobile-games
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 pm by admin

» تحميل لعبة Ultimate Alien Pinball للجيل الخامس | العاب نوكيا الجيل الخامس 2011
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 pm by admin

» لعبة المغامرات سوبر ماريو super mario باللغه العربيه .. لجميع الاجهزه . لعبة المغامرات سوبر ماريو super mario باللغه العربيه .. لجميع الاجهزه . لعبة المغامرات سوبر ماريو super mario باللغه العربيه .. لجميع الاجهزه
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 pm by admin

»  games gamesgames العاب ماك MAC 2011
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 pm by admin

» الماك الالعاب العاب ماك للماك العاب روعه رائعه من العاب الماك
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:46 pm by admin

» العاب ماك مجموعة الماك من الالعاب المتنوعه
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:44 pm by admin

» العاب ماك جميع العاب الماك تجد مجمعه غالبية العاب الماك
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 pm by admin

» mobile gamesمركز ألعاب الماك مجموعة العاب مميزه للماك
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 pm by admin

» Games iPad 2011
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 pm by admin

» Games iPad : Fast Five the Movie: Official Game HD
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:31 pm by admin

» Games iPad : Fast Five the Movie: Official Game HD
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 pm by admin

» العاب ايباد مجموعة العاب ايباد العاب للايباد اخر موضه Games iPad
Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 pm by admin

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
submitexpress
Search Engine OptimizationSubmit Express

Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin
admin

Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  Empty
PostSubject: Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir    Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 am

Venus in Wonderland: Williams's eye-catching outfit causes a stir  72535_widenative-408x264

Venus Williams has been called the "Lady Gaga of tennis" by the British media, after her tummy-revealing, canary-yellow top and flesh-coloured underwear on-court outfit caused a stir at the Australian Open yesterday.

The American World No.5 told the media her attire was inspired by Alice in Wonderland and she had wanted to create a "surprise in a tennis dress", an ambition easily achieved by the lattice-like top, which brought to mind the criss-crosses of pastry atop an apple pie.

"Yeah, don't laugh. But it's kind of about a surprise, because when Alice goes down the hole, the rabbit hole, she finds all these things that are so surprising," Williams said.

Advertisement: Story continues below

"This outfit is about having a surprise in tennis a dress, and kind of, you know, showing some skin and then just having a print. Prints don't happen that often in tennis. So it's called the Wonderland dress. It was fun."

Many fans thought they had gone down a rabbit hole when Williams revealed the outfit at the start of her three-hour slog against a dogged Sandra Zahlavova on Rod Laver Arena yesterday afternoon.

English cricketer Graeme Swann said Williams "looks like a cheese and onion slice" and that it "could easily be the worst outfit ever seen on a tennis court".
Other called it "eye-popping", said it "had a touch of the temporary plastic fencing you see at building sites" and "looked like a mix between [the] Solid Gold Dancers and Edward Scissorhands".

Time magazine said her namesake, the Roman goddess of love and beauty, "was probably vomiting in the heavens".

The Sun asked: "Had someone who didn't like her gone at it with a pair of scissors? Is there a mirror in her hotel room?"
Her outfit was not the only aspect of her game that was criticised. British tennis player Andy Murray said he thought he was watching a documentary about "someone giving birth" when he switched television channels to watch the Williams-Zahlavova match, London's Daily Telegraph reported.

"Never heard so much noise in a tennis match," Murray tweeted.

Williams recovered from losing the first set, and a leg injury that required a medical timeout, to win 6-7, 6-0, 6-4 in three hours.
"I put a lot of thought into my dresses. I love fantasy, and this was kind of a way to express who I am on court," Williams said after her tough win.

Williams and her injured sister Serena, the world No.4, have long been innovators in tennis fashion, and take a keen interest in designing their own outfits.

She said her injury was to her psoas muscle, in the area around the groin, and she was hopeful she would be fine to play her next match on Friday.
She admitted the pain from the injury had been "acute".

"But I just wanted to stay on the court and try to survive and see if I could feel better another day," she said.

"Definitely this being a major I definitely gave it my best. It wasn't easy out there at all. Had it not been a major, would have definitely been harder to continue."

The men's draw also caught the attention of fashion watchers - although with attire that was a lot less garish.

In the evening match yesterday, world No.2 Roger Federer was a picture of perfect elegance in a white and grey outfit as he battled to a five-set win over Frenchman Gilles Simon, who was decked out in a striped shirt and lime green shorts.

Willams's opponent in the next round, Germany's Andrea Petkovic, also has her own injury woes. But at least she was quick to praise the American for her latest fashion creation.

"I really admire her for her courage to go out with a dress like this," she was quoted in The New York Times as saying.

"I would never do that because everybody would say I was crazy, but Venus can do it, and I admire her for that. Tennis is show business."

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Gold :: sports :: sports-
Jump to: