World Gold
Good morning and Good evening and happy day, we invite you to participate
Life in the Golden Menenda and participated Bmoadiek Distinctive
World Gold
Good morning and Good evening and happy day, we invite you to participate
Life in the Golden Menenda and participated Bmoadiek Distinctive
World Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Gold

Gold, internet, fashion, health, beauty, electronics, pictures, tourism, landmarks States, automotive, education, treatment, mobile, software, women, men

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
No user
Keywords
Latest topics
» وظائف بالكويت مسابقة 2011 2012 للعمل بوزارة التربيه فى جميع التخصصات
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 pm by محمد السعيد الجيوشي

» مسابقة وزارة الاوقاف لسنة 2011 للعمل بوزارة الاوقاف والعمل بالمساجد عدد ( 3592 ) وظيفة عامل مسجد عدد ( 1993 ) وظيفة مؤذن مسجد من الدرجة السادسة والخامسة حرفية خدمات معاونة
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 pm by admin

» العاب موبايل لعبة موبايل العاب للموبايل
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 pm by admin

» العاب السباق للجيل الخامس العاب موبايل mobile-games
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 pm by admin

» تحميل لعبة Ultimate Alien Pinball للجيل الخامس | العاب نوكيا الجيل الخامس 2011
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 pm by admin

» لعبة المغامرات سوبر ماريو super mario باللغه العربيه .. لجميع الاجهزه . لعبة المغامرات سوبر ماريو super mario باللغه العربيه .. لجميع الاجهزه . لعبة المغامرات سوبر ماريو super mario باللغه العربيه .. لجميع الاجهزه
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 pm by admin

»  games gamesgames العاب ماك MAC 2011
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 pm by admin

» الماك الالعاب العاب ماك للماك العاب روعه رائعه من العاب الماك
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:46 pm by admin

» العاب ماك مجموعة الماك من الالعاب المتنوعه
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:44 pm by admin

» العاب ماك جميع العاب الماك تجد مجمعه غالبية العاب الماك
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 pm by admin

» mobile gamesمركز ألعاب الماك مجموعة العاب مميزه للماك
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 pm by admin

» Games iPad 2011
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 pm by admin

» Games iPad : Fast Five the Movie: Official Game HD
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:31 pm by admin

» Games iPad : Fast Five the Movie: Official Game HD
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 pm by admin

» العاب ايباد مجموعة العاب ايباد العاب للايباد اخر موضه Games iPad
Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 pm by admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
submitexpress
Search Engine OptimizationSubmit Express

Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin
admin

Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  Empty
PostSubject: Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results    Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Last month I wrote a tutorial on How to “Pubvertise” Your Live FeedBurner RSS Content to a Wider Audience. I also signed up for a one week paid campaign in the FeedBurner Ad Network to try out the service (I had never previously paid to advertise Simplehelp). This post details my experience with the FeedBurner Ad Network.

Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  Simplehelp.1

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

The FeedBurner Headline Animator 7 day promo started on Tues, Aug 7th and finished on Friday, Aug 10th. Your grade two math skills probably helped you notice that Aug 7th to Aug 10th isn’t 7 days. What happened is that my credit card was declined (long story), and by the time I was able to get it working again, a couple of days had passed. The very helpful folks @ FeedBurner simply pumped my add more during the 4 days that it was running. You see, when you sign up for a campaign, you’re guaranteed a certain number of ad impressions. Though they only offer an “approximate” number of views, you actually get them all. In my case, because I chose to run my ad in theComputing & Technology category, I was guaranteed 3125 views (other categories have different view numbers). And in that 4 day period, my banner was viewed exactly 3125 times in the various RSS feeds that make up the Computing & Technology group (which includes sites like Slashdot, Ars Technica, Quick Online Tips, Read/Write Web and Wired).

Feedvertising with FeedBurner – The Results  Fb01

Of those 3125 views, 119 people clicked on my banner/ad. This comes out to about $0.21 per click. Now, because I had my banner point towards my site, rather than my RSS feed, I knew I wouldn’t be significantly, if at all, increasing my RSS subscriber count. What I wanted to do was bring people to the front page. In retrospect, this was probably a mistake on my part. Though I’m quite certain that even if I had pointed my ad to my RSS feed instead of the front page of my site, I wouldn’t have increased my RSS subscriber count by 119 (not everyone that clicked on it would necessarily have subscribed) but it probably would have led to more repeat visitors (subscribers).

Another of my mistakes was to design a rather poorly designed banner/ad. The black background with red text is rather.. ugly. I think it stood out more than some of the other banners, but probably not in a good way. If I had designed a better looking banner, I suspect I would have had more than the 119 clicks.

An interesting aside: my previous tutorial, How to “Pubvertise” Your Live FeedBurner RSS Content to a Wider Audience, was linked to from the FeedBurner Publisher Buzzblog. The link from that blog drove (to date) 216 visitors – almost 100 more than the actual ad campaign. And those visitors averaged 2.68 page views per visit, which is higher than my overall page view per visit number.
Summary

<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px 0px 9px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 13px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial">If you sign up for a FeedBurner Headline Animator campaign, I would suggest having your banner/ad point to your RSS feed (which is the default)</LI>
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px 0px 9px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 13px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial">A well designed banner is probably a better idea than using their Headline Animator Template tool (though it is very easy to use)</LI>
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px 0px 9px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 13px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial">FeedBurner customer support is top notch, they will work with you every step of the way if you have any problems at all</LI>

I will run another FeedBurner ad campaign at some point in the not too distant future, and I’ll have a much better designed banner (which means I’ll have to get someone to design it for me, I’m absolutely talentless when it comes to graphic design). I will also have the banner point towards my RSS feed to see if it increases my RSS subscriber count, rather than have it link to the front page of my site. I’ll update this post with the stats/review of my second campaign once it has completed.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1