5 found dead in Florida motel room
Authorities are investigating the deaths of five teenagers, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning, after they were found Monday afternoon in a motel in Hialeah, Florida, police said.
Hialeah fire officials noticed a strong odor of carbon monoxide when they arrived at the Presidente Motel, police detective Edward Rodriguez said. After evacuating the hotel, they found five males in a room unconscious. A car was running in an adjoining garage, he said.
The dead included two 19-year-olds, one 18-year old and two 17-year-olds.
Police are waiting for autopsy results for the official cause of death, according to Rodriguez.